Saturday, October 24, 2009

Spilling/Kaatuuko?


2008, oil on canvas 40x40 

After I did "expecting company?" I kinda got stuck to paint bottles again. It was so much fun and relaxing to paint them. To be honest, when I started to paint this I have this vision of a lonely bottle with greenish backround and nothing else. And so I executed my vision... but it didn't work. I usually have so strong visions what I'm going to paint and when this idea didn't seem to work, I was kinda shocked. Then because of this reaction I started to laugh at my silliness and started to plan different kind of stuff with this bottle. First idea was ants climbing to the bottle and then came a surrealistic idea of little woman pulling the bottle down with a rope. So I think this little woman is me (again) and this bottle represent my frustration with this painting ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment