Sunday, December 6, 2009

The nodding doll/ Nyökyttelevä nukke

2009, oil on canvas 30x40

in private collection

This picture is about one of my poems that I wrote few years ago. The poem is about one place where I'll never want to live again. That place was so pressing and restricting that I wasn't myself there. I felt like I was only a someone's muse, tiptoeing geisha and a nodding doll. 

However the geisha in this picture seems to have inner peace and happiness... and so have I... now. Like they say: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" or was it "what doesn't kill you, comes back again and try it even harder"? Nietzsche knew nothing!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Tämä linkki tuli mieleeni tästä maalauksesta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOR5RfjBZuU

    HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oho! Kieltämättä sama on tunnelma ja kuvamaailma. Minulle ihan uusi tuttavuus, kiitokset tästä!

    ReplyDelete