Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One lonely star/Yksin


2011 Oil and acrylic on canvas 55x30

The mask theme continues and will continue in the future. They're too stick in my head right now, in many senses ;)
This one is named by Madonna's Take a bow -song. That song has very strong lyrics and they have always touched me. 

"Take a bow, the night is over
This masquerade is getting older
Lights are low, the curtains down
There's no one here
[There's no one here, there's no one in the crowd]
Say your lines but do you feel them
Do you mean what you say when there's no one around [no one around]
Watching you, watching me, one lonely star
[One lonely star you don't know who you are]"

When that Take a bow was released, I was a teenager and there were this boy that I always thought when I heard this song, but now the meanings has changed to me... I don't even know If they remind me of someone else or just me. There are sometimes that kind of moments when you're with people and kinda entertaining them but deep inside you are feeling alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment